3 hour ago – 8:30 AM on 01.15.2016 // Steven Hansen
PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U clever December
Aside from divulgence a continued prevalence of Call of Duty, a 2015-in-review NPD information also tracked hardware opening via a year. Despite a miss of a torpedo exclusive, PS4 outsold a Xbox One in December, and via 2015.
Last week, Sony reported 5.7M PS4s sole over a ‘holiday’ (11/23/2015-1/3/2016) for a 35.9M total. At a start of 2015, Sony reported 18.5M consoles sold. Napkin math says 17.4M PS4s sole in 2015. Given that many of a initial PS4s sole came during a finish of 2013 when a new consoles launched, Sony sole some-more PS4s in 2015 than in 2014. Microsoft has nonetheless to exhibit Xbox One sales so we only know they’re reduction than 17M in 2015. Still, Dec was a best sales month for both consoles.
The sum sales of PS4 and Xbox One in their initial 26 months is 47% aloft than a sum PS3 and 360 sales over a same period.
Industry spending as a whole is somewhat down in 2015, mostly with final gen and handheld sales flagging. PS4 and Xbox One program sales went adult 48% year-over-year and a Wii U had a second best program offered month ever in December. As a whole, 2015 was a best year for sum sales of PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U games.
Top 10 new earthy program sales (in a US, all platforms) for 2015
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
- Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4)
- Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
- FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
Setup email comments
Unsavory comments? Please news harassment, spam, and hatred debate to our village fisters, and dwindle a user (we will anathema users dishing bad karma). Can’t see comments? Apps like Avast or browser extensions can means it. You can repair it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.
This entrance upheld by a Full-Text RSS use – if this is your calm and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, greatfully review a FAQ during fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.